Saturday, May 03, 2008

blog - My Plan For Building Vocabulary

This is my plan for building my vocabulary that sustains me in speaking and writing English. I've been feeling it's very tough to pull words from my inner brain and speak out them fluently. But there's nothing impossible in the world as you know. So, let's scrutinize my plan.

1. Writing essay every day. (ongoing)

Since last month, I've been writing essays on this blog by using TOEFL material. This will eventually get reward in proportion to the hard work. Besides, the function of spell check on this Blogger is really helpful to notify me of the mistake if any.


2. Writing anything from a news to a story.

I'm sure that I need to do something else other than what I'm doing now in order to bring a wide variety of vocabulary from my memory. I mean there are tons of words I've never used in reality even though I know them. Especially, I've never used high-level words as we can see on newspaper, or light, conversational words as we can see in novels. So I decided to write news and stories myself. Don't you think this is a good idea?


3. Reading tons of books and newspaper. (ongoing)

Needless to say, getting new words into the brain is critical to expand its vocabulary. These days, I read newspaper and books checking a dictionary everyday. This will contribute to deepen my inner vocabulary, and one day they will be brought out from the storage.


This is my plan for honing my vocabulary.

No comments: