Thursday, November 27, 2008

essay - GMAT: Issue 35

All citizens should be required to perform a specified amount of public service. Such service would benefit not only the country as a whole but also the individual participants.

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Answer:
I generally agree with the statement saying that all citizens should engage in a certain amount of public service. I also support the idea that engaging in public service benefits both the public and the individual. But, at the same time, I'd like to mention a necessary mechanizm that expedites volunteering spirits.

The first reason why I emphasize the importance of engaging in public service is that I believe that through the experience a person can acquire a broad sense of comtemporary society.

The next reason is that people benefit themselves through engaging in such activity as the statement asserts.

What I'd like to mention is that a society needs a certain mechanism of boosting the spirits of volunteering.

To sum up, I agree with the statement as a whole.

No comments: