Friday, April 25, 2008

blog - How To Conjure Up English Brain

Last week, when having a lesson with my teacher, I suddenly noticed that I was in an "English mode". At the time, I thought in English yet in Japanese, and the speaking was very fluent, that like I never experienced.

I found some reasons soon. First, before the start of the lesson, I spent much time at the cafe to force myself to think in English. And this was very successful. Second, at the preparatory period, I thought of the best way of how to produce English in my own way, taking notes about my forms and patterns that I desired to use.

And today, I found other important factors to conjure the English brain effectively and efficiently. First the preparation period should be more than one hour. If the time is below this threshold, it doesn't work properly. Second, as expected, the proper environment is critically important to think in English. I mean, more silent around you, the better.


An English learner should think in English, if he wants to speak English fluently.

No comments: