Thursday, August 14, 2008

India - Summary 2: The people


(A shot of a scene of a street)

To be honest, I saw two types of people: successful people and struggling people. My colleagues I met there were sophisticated, talented, decent people who had good presentation skills and of course good English proficiency. They are leaders who lead the industry and the nation.

On the other side, I walked around the city looking into the people living there. The people were at the bottom of the city. They were struggling and having difficult times. I was sometimes called to give money by beggars, little boys, girls, the disables, mothers carrying babies.

I also saw youngsters strolling downtown with fashionable clothes. I saw young ladies wear jeans and hip shirts like Westerners. The wave of change had come to the city. On the other side, I also saw people with Indian traditional dresses. I saw religious minds and beautiful aspects of the people.

They need some more time. But I believe that some day they will have strengthened minds and more sophisticated way to live. Because that is a way of people walking. Because that is a way of human beings evolving.

No comments: