Friday, August 15, 2008

India - Summary 4: The food


(I missed taking a photo of Indian food. Instead, this is a Mac.)

I had a lot of curry there :-) As I heard before, all three meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are curry. People eat curry in the morning around 7 o'clock, and eat curry at noon around 1 o'clock, and eat curry in the eveing around 8 o'clock. Also, between each meal, they have so-called tea time having very sweet coffee or tea and some light meal like cookies or beans.

Around 80 percent of the people are vegetarians. They don't have any meat. (And non-vegetarians eat especially chicken and muton.) As everybody watching my blog already knows, I used to be a vegetarian. Then to my surprise, most of them are a little bit fat, especially over 30 years. The hypothesis which can be induced from these facts is that Indian people have too much carbohydrate and sweet stuff.

To keep a slim body, people must have a light breakfast like fruits and raw vegetables, and must not have any sweet stuff at the time of tea break. This is my conclusion that comes from my experiences on this trip. Anyway, Indian food is very good.

No comments: