Saturday, January 06, 2007

blog - Compound sentence



This morning I found my weakness in listening to English. That is, I can't catch a compound sentence once. "Compound sentence" is, of course, the sentence consisting of more than two single sentence. Listening complex compound sentence requires two things: memorizing the first sentence, and listening to the second sentence.

Memorizing the first sentence is more difficult than I expected. I'm now using a TOEIC material that is for advanced learners of English. And that book made me found that fact. I couldn't hear the question that contains a compound sentence. I was stuck in understanding the first sentence, and I couldn't listen to the second sentence well.

However, I found this fact this morning, so I can do that. Most important thing is not being stuck in the first sentence and concentrating the tape playing now. This is very important. And this requires the quickness of thinking more and more. I'm now aware of this fact, so I'm confidant of getting a job. I'm confidant of getting over 930 points on the next TOEIC test.


Thank you.

No comments: