Saturday, January 06, 2007

blog - Thesaurus



New Oxford Thesaurus of English is very valuable to me. This dictionary is contained in my electric dictionary. I found this fact only a month ago. Before that, I had not known that. It was too bad. That is, this dictionary can enhance my writing skills effectively.

Depending on this dictionary too much is, of course, bad, but using this dictionary with good mannars gives me numerous treasures. To write sophisticated passage, one of the most important things is to avoid using same words on end, you know. And to do that, using a thesaurus is the best solution.

At the same time, I can enhance my vocabulary efficiently. For instance, looking up the synonym of "sophisticated" brings me the knowledge of how to using "advanced", "highly developed", and "elaborate". This makes me better at English.


Thank you, again.

No comments: