Monday, March 10, 2008

blog - Learning English (Newspaper & Books)

Recently I spend much time on reading a newspaper or books. Needless to say, that's for enriching my English proficiency, but also for getting news or knowledge from the materials. I finished "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama, a masterpiece, several days ago. And I started reading "A Dream from My Father" also by Barack Obama to know him more and more. Although there are a lot of difficult words, I can read it without a dictionary.

There are two types of book. On the one hand, a book to read it thoroughly with a dictionary and writing down the must-learn expressions on a notebook. On the other hand, a book to read through it quickly in order to get insight from the book at a maximum in a shorter time. The both are really important for me now.

I check an English-language newspaper everyday. Reading it, I use a dictionary and a highlight pen to mark must-memorize words in order to try to memorize again and again for months after the time. This is also enormously useful to input vocabulary into my brain. Now I can read a hard to read book, "A Dream from My Father", without a dictionary in a bath.


People started advancing their lives with a pen and a note in history. I should learn from it.

1 comment:

SIR said...

Hi,
Probably, it will be interesting to you to learn about this link (like online news):
http://www.onlinejournal.com/
There are many articles about different themes on Ebglish. It's very useful for me.
:)
I'm trying to read it every day....