Sunday, March 02, 2008

blog - Progress: Three Focal Areas: 4/13 Week

I've set my three focal areas as the following at the start of February: English, Rock-climbing, and Business. And I've tracked the progress on a weekly basis, writing them on the blog. So far, the status is not bad, which means I'm doing well so as to accomplish my targets in the areas.

Anyway, let me start reviewing this week's status on the respective areas.

1. English
Terrible. Especially, reading newspaper at least 3 pages everyday, one of my tasks in this area, couldn't be done properly. It's because first I've been too focusing on a rock-climbing area, and I fell in a certain situation I've never experienced ever. That was a kind of apathy syndrome. Although describing the reason I can figure out later in this blog, due to this syndrome, I can't see any progress on this area. But, at the same time, I see this as a preparatory period in order to make a bigger jump from next week.

2. Rock-climbing
Seems good. I went to a rock-gym on Wednesday and Thursday, Isara. Almost I was able to climb up a second grade problem. Um.. I'll get it done next week for sure. I vow it. On Saturday, with friends I went to Mitake, a famous rock area, to raise my climbing level to much higher. Although I couldn't get Ninja-gaeshi, a first grade problem, I was convinced that I would do that in the near future.

3. Business
My first intention to set this area as one of three focal areas for the three months was to make a plan to launch my own business in the near future. But one day I noticed that I was not ready for that yet. That was too bad, but I should have accepted the fact. After that, I set the target to accomplish shorter targets, like winning a certain training nominee, or passing a job interview. Looking back at it from now, that was a right choice. But, as mentioned earlier in this topic, I suddenly fell in a pitfall. According to my analysis, that was due to the fact that I would need to engage in a project I'd ever desired over time.

The project is a IT infrastructure project again. Further more, that's not a project of my company. That's a project I will engage in by myself from my company. It means I can't experience Offshore development model that I'm supposed to do at this company. That's out of my projection. That's away my aim. But now, I've accepted the fact naturally as a new kind of challenges. I can experience a truly global project rather than merely India-Japan projects. I can experience a new industry I've never worked for, which is a pharmaceutical industry.


So, again, the time has come!

No comments: