Monday, December 24, 2007

blog - The Art of Loving



This tremendous book was written by Erich Fromm, an American psychoanalyst. First, he reveals that the history of man is tightly bound to "separateness". People have struggled to avoid this separateness in the history by religious rituals, social unions, or contemporary conformity. All these, I've known, but not recognized so clearly.

Second, the final, ultimate key to open the door of avoiding separateness is love. Orgiastic states and conformity have been superficially working, but these are not substantive. Only does true love make sense. And the love consists of the following forms: care, responsibility, respect and knowledge.

I'm now just starting the book, but I'm convinced that reading this book will be my favorite time in the next two months. Slowly reading will be much better than reading it fast in this case definitely. I will earn exquisite values from this experience, and enrich my awareness of love and the life.


The new journey seems to be started.

No comments: