Monday, November 12, 2007

Fukuoka - The Seventh Day (Dazaifu - Climbing)

Fukuoka doesn't have special famous places except for the downtown and the bay area actually. I'll try to list that below.

- Dazaifu
- Mojiko Retro
- Yosinogari History Park
- Yanagawa


That's it, according to my guide book. Well, today I decided to go to Dazaifu. It's located in the near place to Tenjin, taking less than 30 minutes; It has Dazaifu-Tenmangu or Kannozeon-Temple, which deserves the major historical area in Kyushu from 7th century. I was walking eating the famous snack, Umegae-Mochi.

Dazaifu-Seichoato is just a park, and families came there and played baseball or something. I looked around Kyushu National Museum (I saw it just from outside), Kyushu History Museum, and lost my way at the last minute, and got my home. I wandered whether or not I should go to Mojikou, but eventually I had ramen and went to rock-climbing.

I think I go to rock-climbing once a week, since it seems like I cannot go there on weekday. It took more than 50 minutes to walk there, so I have to develop the way to get there with less minutes. I think this week I'll have Mizutaki and do various things to prepare for the journey to Nagasaki (Nagasaki seems a good place for sightseeing.)


Bye for now.

No comments: