Saturday, September 29, 2007

trans - Strong Will - cont.



3. Enjoy Learning
- When I say that Clear Objectives is What, Why, and Logistics is When, Where, I can also say that this Enjoy Learning is How. Enjoy Learning is a large part of my learning framework, and I cannot study 10 hours a day without this. Then, how do I enjoy learning? I'm mentioning this here from now.

- I noticed. I noticed that there were some times I could enjoy learning. And, the time had a common characteristic. That is, 1. the time doesn't come with patience, 2. the output can be measured, 3. the growth brought by the time can be recognizable.

- Have you ever done "100 squares addition"? This is a training in Japan for mainly children to practice their mathematics skills. There is one big square on a paper, which consists of 100 squares, like grid with 10 horizontal scales and 10 vertical scales. And on the top side and left side there are 10 numbers each, which ranges from 1 to 10. And the player just add top one and left one 100 times. You can understand something when doing this practice more than two weeks (just one or two times, you cannot understand what I'm saying), and people can recognize their growth by continuing something for a certain period. (I don't need to say this here, but I recorded 48 seconds, which looks like the world record or the approximation.)

- It's difficult to construe the 1. the time doesn't come with patience, but for instance, when you are a beginner for English, it's understandable that it's nonsense to read Times every week using the dictionary for every unknown words. You should do a training where you can feel a slight workload in your brain, I can call this pleasure. If doing that, you can enjoy doing that. In my case, I'm now practicing TOEIC translation from Japanese to English, and this level of difficulty is suitable for me, and if I'm asked to translate newspaper into English, that is difficult for me, or nonsense for me.


To be continued..

No comments: