Friday, September 28, 2007

trans - Strong Will



Lately I was often asked , "How can you study so long?"

Some people might think I have a strong will, but that's completely different from the truth. Because my will is not so strong (I cannot deny that I used to pursue iron will in the past), and there is a kind of knack to pretend to have strong will. Now I mention that.

I've already written that my daily studying time had dramatically increased from 5 hours to 10 hours. I think myself that I can study well lately. The secret consists of the following things, I think: 1. Clear Objectives, 2. Logistics, 3. Enjoy learning, and 4. Harness Ideas. Let's see these.

1. Clear Objectives
- It's important to set specific goals to get the goal, like TOEIC950 or English Master in my case. Well, but, the specific is not required. Just burn up yourself. Just be enthusiastic. Just get out of your bed and sit down at your desk to start studying several times a month or a couple of times a week.

- Also, it's needed to make companies studying with you, or your rivals. For instance, in my case, I bet something on the next TOEIC test with my friends, Yakiniku. If there's such a thing, if you can construct such motivated factors, that will be a huge engine for achieving your goals against human mind, weak one.


2. Logistics
- This is a point. I mean, I think I'm good at this thing, or, I understand I'm not strong (I cannot deny I used to pursue iron will in the past), so I've gotten the ability to organize the environment to be able to study for a long time. Let me explain this.

- For instance, my house has a mechanism that I cannot see any TV program. Of course, I have a TV, but if I turn on the TV, Nippon Television or Fuji Television doesn't come. (I've already mentioned that I can assure that this is consciously intended.) And the TV is connected to DVD player, so naturally my house has numerous English studying software, like Friends or 24.

- There's also a kind of environment where I can use English actually. A good example is that I put myself into the environment where I have to use English with my Indian colleagues by changing my job to an Indian company's one (but this is kind of over), and I've made the environment where I can study on the train by living in Mitaka which is a starting station, and I've also made an environment where I can study at the Starbucks alone by arranging relationship with my colleagues at the office.


To be continued..

No comments: