Sunday, January 13, 2008

blog - Great Masterpiece "The Art of Loving"



I've just finished reading the tremendously great book, "The Art of Loving", written by Enrich Fromm in 1956. I feel the necessity to write down the key points about love, and loving. There are surprisingly clear theories and convincingly concrete practices of love.

Now, let me write down the index first. After that, I'll mention the core essences and how to apply them on me.

1. Is love an art?
2. The theory of love
1. Love, the answer to the problem of human existence
2. Love between parent and child
3. The objects of love
Brotherly love
Motherly love
Erotic love
Self-love
Love of God
3. Love and its disintegration in contemporary western society
4. The practice of love


First, he mentions the availability of whether people can theorize the love. After that, like other arts, he writes the theory. Finally, he suggests the practice of love. I noticed that I cannot write what I want to say in English on this blog. Let's go the Japanese site.


Love is...

No comments: