Sunday, January 27, 2008

blog - Strategy for mastering English



Again, I want to make a plan for getting a level of a Master of English. After getting 950 points on TOEIC, in a sense, I've been losing my direction. I've had no clear goals, no clear objectives, and no clear light to lead me to the next level. Although I'm putting my efforts on this area more than 3 hours a day, I'm supposed to be greater than current "me".

So, now, I need to list up what I should do in this three months. And they should be concrete and challenging. Also, I need to build up my vision on this area again along with firing passion and clear objectives. I shout now that the time has come!

VISION >>>>>>
As a professional IT engineer and a global investor, I will obtain a certain level of English abilities. I need to communicate with various people in English, I need to make a thoughtful speech in front of various people in English, and I need to teach various people what I've got in my life in English. So, in this year, I will be able to read a English newspaper without a dictionary, I will be able to speak with native speakers fluently like them, and I will be able to write various pepars with clear and sophsticate sentenses.

BASIC STRATEGIES >>>>>>
1. Reading newspaper more than 1 hour a day, checking unknown words with a dictionary.
2. Reading a book with high concentration more than 2 hours a day, using a pen and a notebook.
3. Speaking English in front of people or a video camera more than a half hour a day.
4. Thinking in English more than a half hour a day on bus, in bath, and on the roads.
5. Studying grammar again, reading the grammatical textbook that I've read three times.
6. Writing English in my blog more than once a day, concentrating on using high-level expressions.
7. Completing reciting "I Have A Dream" before leaving Fukuoka.


The time has come!

2 comments:

SIR said...

Hello!
My name is Alex.
I'm from Russia, and I study English without assistance. My English is poor yet, but I hope to reach a good level as you.
I'm IT-engineer and I understand Linux. I keep a Blogs about this ones.
To me your views are nice.
I shall be the reader of yours Blog.

haruy02 said...

Hi Alex!

Thank you for the comment. You know, I've just started this long journey of mastering English. To respond to the rapid globalism there days, I need to stand up at the level of like reading newspaper without a dictionary, or writing a scientific paper quickly.

Hey, I'm a IT person too, working at an Indian company in Japan. I've just left a project of managing customer's IT infractructure, using HP-UNIX and Oracle EBS. Regarding Linux, I think I will get the knack for my future opportunity of starting a business.


See you again.