Wednesday, January 16, 2008

blog - New Four Books in Investment Area



According to my new year's resolution, I bought 4 books in economic and investment area. The titles are as below:

1. The Truth of Structural Reform - The Dairy of Minister Takenaka Heizo.
2. The Coming Collapse of the Dollar and How To Profit From It.
3. Hubbert's Peak - The Impending World Oil Shortage.
4. India 2020 - A Vision for the New Millennium.

(Note: All are written or translated in Japanese, since I needed to grasp the content so quickly.)


I've already finished reading "The Truth of Structural Reform" written by a former Minister Takenaka Heizo of Koizumi Cabinet. I found out that if he had not been there, the revolution couldn't have happened. Prime Minister Koizumi and he played two major roles for the stage of the extraordinary revamp in Japan. He was not only a person responsible to Japan's economic side but also a person who could change the whole political processes that had made Japan stuck at all. This is am amazing book.

The next book, "The Coming Collapse of the Dollar and How to Profit from it", was a little disappointing. The destiny of dollar is well mentioned, but it seems like the writer has his own unfair opinion to gold. So, I quickly read the book today.

The oil one; I thought I needed to read this kind of book as a person who lives in the 21st century. The 21st century would be a century of fossil fuel and global warming. We human beings need to address these huge, catastrophic destiny in the century. So, I needed to read this book. At the same time, as a philosophic investor, I would make a difference in this area.

India one; I needed to know well about India and its economical future. Being an employee at an Indian company, I will take close eyes onto this subject. Also, as a worldwide investor, this country will be one of the most appropriate countries where I will put my money.


After these four books, I will add next four books into my book shelf.

No comments: