Tuesday, April 24, 2007

blog - Like Musashi, Like Ryouma

I've been thinking that I would like to be like Musashi Miyamoto and Ryouma Sakamoto. The former guy is, you know, a kind of legend samurai living in Edo Era. He strictly discipline himself and develop the art of samurai. He also authored "Gorinsho", which is extremely famous among Japanese, and mentioned the importance of self-discipline.

The latter guy is also a very famous man in Japan, living in Edo Era. He led the Meiji Restoration as a generous leader. He had a vision of the future of Japan, the future of human beings. He also had a kind of attraction which typical leaders have. He was a leader by birth. He was courageous and generous. And he also had self-discipline and integrity.

The type of these two guys is different, but I cannot help pursuing those characteristics or quality. As a leader, as an ascetic, or as a truth seeker. And I thought suddenly on the commute train today: Now is the time that I have to realize these qualities in myself, now is the time that I try various things to be close to those heroes, and now is the time that I can try new things because of the new environment.


I thought now is the time.

No comments: