Thursday, October 04, 2007

trans - "Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind"



I felt something at the time. I felt I needed to read something. That's Nausicca and Buddha. I sent Nausicaa to my little brother as a New Year's gift from Amazon.co.jp at once, and I also bought Hermann Hesse's Siddhartha.

What I felt at the time exactly was kind of transmigration, coexistence with nature, and new conception of time over future and past. At the time, I clearly traveled around the earth three times, and experienced Roman Era and Meiji Restoration. And, all I've been involved ever came up with a certain unified concept.

Honestly, since though I read this at my parent's place with tons of mosquito bites, I cannot deny that I couldn't get into the world of Miyazaki Hayao completely. The behavior of Nausicca and the destiny of Oma (Kyojinhei) and strange living matter, however, really impressed me. At least, I found it.


I've read the book. I've read the Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind.

No comments: