Thursday, October 11, 2007

trans - The Road to English Master



Umm. I'm thinking to make an effort to be English Master these days, but there's less opportunities to talk in English at work, so I'm seeking how to be the English Master in an effective and efficient way. Umm. Anyway, I'll list up around 10 activities from now, and after that I'll analyze the way to be English Master.

1. Reading English newspaper aloud (more than 30 minutes a day)
2. Reading books about the culture and history of Japan (approx. 1 hour a day)
3. Writing English blog (now translation only) (approx. 30 minutes a day)
4. Watching Friends (continued) (approx. 30 minutes a day)
5. Working at the office using English (email, talking) (approx. 2 hours a day)


Well, up to here, that's what I've been doing recently (note: it's duration between parentheses), and from here, I'm mentioning what I'll add to my activities in order to be English Master.

6. Writing essays regarding the culture of Japan (connecting with business. For the company)
7. Uploading Vlogs to YouTube everyday at any cost (Vlog means Video Log)
8. Making sure to talk with my colleagues in English everyday (even with Indian who can speak Japanese)
9. Making a friend who speaks only English (I guess the blog would be a trigger)
10. Enjoying music and poem in English (especially music would be important)


Furthermore, the following things will be recognized as noted or evolving activities.

- Reading the grammatical book again.
- Giving consideration to the dictation for Friends.
- Keeping up with reading of foreign books.
- Keeping up with listening to CNN with iPod.
- Writing the English blog with a maverick way.
- Resuming the preparation for TOEIC if the result is under 950.
- Trying to think in English as much as possible.
- Setting a no-Japanese-allowed day.
- Training the vocabulary again. (picking up from historical books is the best.)
- Utilizing corporate various intranet sites. (outputting information in English.)


Well, strengthening speaking and writing abilities would be central, but I would have to keep up with unimaginable efforts to be a master, as its name suggests. And a year later, I will come back from the blood, and will shout against the world, as a complete international man, as a complete Japanese man.

Umm. This is an outrageous way I've never seen.

No comments: