Friday, October 05, 2007

trans - "Siddhartha"



Maybe I read this book when I was at college or at the beginning of starting work, but I started reading "Siddhartha". (Because I'd read almost all his work I guess.) I was feeling that there was something secret in Buddhism which made a big effect on Japan and Japanese.

Those of men who read Hesse's work might know this; Hesse is not so much a highbrow writer but more a writer who writes imperfect, immature work like us. About this book, he also struggle to describe the life of Siddhartha. (Technically, this Siddhartha is not Buddha, but an imaginary character.)

This is also time when I found a new and clear recognition on Time. Young Siddhartha could do just three things: waiting, fasting, and thinking. And he got the actual world, and finally learned from the river. All space and time shape spirally or helically, and we all live here. Live here.


Not need to hurry to be old. I think taking enough time.

No comments: